Thursday, December 18, 2014

Anime Festival Asia 2014 !! #3

Technically this post has nothing to do with AFA anymore as it ended the night before. Then again my brain can't come up with a title that links this post to the previous two so Ima just go with it.

[Monday - 7/12/14]

 
Last photo taken of me taken at the inn before I left.

This marks the day I check out and leave Singapore... Ahh time passed so quickly.. I didn't get much sleep as I went to bed quite late or rather quite early in the morning so I decided to skip breakfast. But I couldn't sleep in pass 12pm unless I wanna end up paying for another night at the inn. I had a lunch date with Mayu and Aiko so I had to get up and get going before 12pm. Woke up, confirmed time and place to meet, start packing, check out and off I go. I was planning to leave my luggage at the inn while I wandered around but decided to drag it along with me. Save the trouble of coming back to Chinatown to get it later on. Mayu was already waiting for me at Somerset MRT station when I left the inn. Have a look at my bed this year and my yearly companion, a Rilakkuma pouch given to me by my Aika mates 2 years ago~ I left OO-Kun facing the wall since Saturday night..

 


While I was on my way to Somerset, I notice 3 guys who were from Malaysia (I assume based on the custom tag on one of their luggage) who went to AFA too. I had my OO-Kun with me so obviously at least one of them noticed I was there for AFA too. I'm mentioning this cause they had their luggage with them but they weren't headed for the airport. At least not yet. They took the same service line as I did but I got off at Somerset before they did. I assume they were heading towards Orchard. I like staring at people who has the same interests as I do. When I reached Somerset station, I started looking around for Mayu. I spotted a girl with a large pink luggage but assumed it wasn't her because she stays in Singapore. It was indeed Mayu... She was heading back to Malaysia to fly to Taiwan in a few days. We walked our way to *Scape for our McDonald's lunch~ Mayu was trying to collect the One Piece collectibles that you can buy along with a McD value meal. Aiko and her boyfriend joined us soon to sacrifice our tummies to help Mayu eat the meals. *cough* While nomming on my lunch, a kid came to ask me where I got my OO-Kun. Too bad for you kid. Aiko's boyfriend mentioned I should pass my OO-Kun to the kid since I can't bring it up the plane qwq While nomming and chit chatting, we mentioned our flight times and apparently Aiko's boyfriend and I are taking the same flight back to Malaysia. Coincidence much.
 

After lunch comes dessert! We walked back to 313@Somerset to have some Honey Creme soft serve ice cream! Ahhh thank you Aiko for mentioning Honey Creme on Saturday night else I wouldn't have been able to tag along for Honey Creme! I ordered Honey Comb while Aiko's bf ordered the same. Mayu ordered the chocolate one while Aiko ordered the Affogato! I totally forgot I wanted to order the Affogato qwq It tasted so heavenly! Aiko and the bf mentioned Milk Cow's soft serve in Malaysia tasted milkier. But they don't have Affogato here in Malaysia. Sobs. I'm heading out to try Milk Cow's soft server this coming Sunday with Dawn and Yuji. They have red bean related ones tho. My Honey Comb was sweet and tasted heavenly as well~ I love it a lot! Would totally come back for more the next time I am in Singapore! I asked ZH about Honey Creme the night before but he said he never heard of it....... Xen went jelly mode after seeing my Honey Comb Honey Creme photo~~ I was chewing on the honey comb when we left and was telling them how it was tasteless then Aiko and the bf started saying it's tasteless because it's wax and I'm not suppose to eat it..... I still continued chewing it and swallowed it lol. We bid Mayu farewell after our dessert and went Takashimaya. Aiko went Sanrio calendar shopping while I just stayed around to leech wifi from her boyfriend. Yes I'm that evil lol. They then mentioned there's 30 minutes free wifi available right at Orchard MRT station's entrance which my eyes immediately went *bling*.

 

After leaving the pair, I went to Orchard MRT station (in which I got a little lost) to leech more wifi. ZH and the rest was suppose to meet up with me to go to the Little Prince cafe but they ended up ffk-ing me. (ffk as in fong fei kei) Super sad! I ended up heading to Bugis to walk around, find my KOI and look for the cat cafe ZH mentioned. While I was leaving, my phone picked up the hotspot signal from Aiko's bf's phone so I figured they were heading back to Chinatown to pick up their luggage before heading to the airport. I ended up camping at Chinatown station thinking I might bump into them. I didn't. By 4.15pm I had to leave and head for Bugis. I took the Downtown line again as this time I'm really headed for Bugis. While waiting for the train to arrive, I did a mini photo shoot for my OO-Kun balloon pretending he's happily exploring Singapore! I have to upload those photos tho.. So no photos for now. I even skipped a train to take more shots. 

While walking around the station finding the exit, I spotted something I've been finding for 2 years, Lao Ban tao huey. Except this was Lao Ban's son?! I bought the almond flavored tao huey and headed for Bugis. When exiting the MRT area, something went wrong with my ezlink card.. I forgot what the error was but the staff had to do something to my card before I could leave. Even tho it's been the 3rd year I wandered around Bugis, I still get lost. Not like omg where am I?! more like which way do I walk to get to KOI again?... Since there's the Bugis Junction, Bugis+ difference. I saw the Hobbit promotional area thingy and took some photos~ People were swarming Gandalf so I didn't take a photo of the statue. How I wish I could stay longer to wait for the crowd to disperse...

 

Made my way to KOI Cafe after figuring out which way to head towards. Ordered another Black Tea Machiatto which I sorta regret cause I didn't drink my Green Tea Machiatto this year. After getting my drink, I stopped by the side to take a photo of my drink in which then the cashier asked whether the bag of thingies by the counter was mine. Holyshit I actually left my tao huey and iPod by the counter and didn't notice.... Lucky I have the bad habit of feeding my phone first.... (as in taking photos) I couldn't find MOS Burger at Bugis... Not sure if it closed or I just got lost and missed it. I did find the cat cafe ZH mentioned but I didn't have the time to visit nor even pass by it. I had to leave for the airport. It's good enough that I even manage to squeeze time out to wander around Bugis. I thought I wouldn't be visiting this area this year.. Hooray to getting ffk-ed! (not a good thing to be happy about)

After checking in to my flight, I started looking around to see if Aiko's bf is anywhere to be seen. But nope. Oh well~ I went down to the basement to take a look at Ramen Champion. This is probably the only year which I didn't dine at Ramen Champion. Opposite Ramen Champion was Four Fingers. Another fast food shop which is not available in Malaysia. While waiting for time to pass, I started taking photos of the Christmas decorations at the airport. Not to forget is to take some shots of OO-Kun exploring the airport! Dawn was suppose to join me this year in exploring Changi Airport but she couldn't make it so maybe next year. All of a sudden I realized I didn't take photos WITH my OO-Kun so I sat somewhere and started taking tons of selfies with it. I remember a random auntie was watching from the side probably thinking "why this girl so vain a taking so many selfies in the airport" Probably. When I was about to nom on my tao huey, I dropped it. The cover broke but the tao huey was still intact. Bless. *I brought the plastic container home lol) I had to finish it quickly as I still had to deflate my OO-Kun balloon. Ahh such heartache when I had to deflate it T___T After deflating it, I had to rush to my departure gate. I was so close to missing boarding time.. Like 30 seconds close. Yep. Despite reaching the airport early, I still ended up chasing the plane. I need someone to travel with me so that this doesn't happen again sobs. The guy by the scanner even rushed me to put my things on the belt as the gate was closing. Thank you miss air stewardess for putting my luggage up in the overhead compartment for me.


The seat next to mine on the flight was empty. The uncle even mentioned I could put my stuffs on it along with his wife's bag if I wanted to. There were assorted in-flight entertainments available. Including movies like The Hobbit : The Unexpected Journey and Sherlock (the one by Robert Downey Jr.). The moment the plane landed I switched on my phone and data immediately. Checked my FB messages only to see that Xen and ZH messaged me hours ago (after I left Bugis. I had wifi while still at Bugis) asking when am I flying back. I was like "er... do I still need to answer this question?" cause I already landed... Ahhh they were trying to plan to send me off... If only the message reached me before I left Bugis.. Oh well maybe next year.. I didn't see Aiko's bf in the flight till like when the plane landed. He was probably rushing to meet Aiko but still helped me with my luggage hoho. I lost sight of him by the duty free area as I was searching for chocolate! I did find what I was looking for! Nyums! Only bought two of the same chocolate before I left the area. Met up with the brother and mom after wandering around a little before leaving the airport. The airport is huge and I'm a little saddened I didn't get to wander around more. On the way home I even got to buy KFC's Double Down Maxx for dinner! Yep late dinner again. I was afraid if I didn't buy it now I would miss the promotion period and not get to eat it this year.

 


That ends my trip to Singapore in 2014! Next trip would be next year. I will still attend AFA even tho I complain a lot about the lack of things that interests me year after year. It is a tad bit saddening when I didn't get to hang out with them more but oh well~ There's always next time~ That is if we still stay contact... Fingers crossed. Oh they will be coming to Malaysia next week from the 25th to the 30th! For Comic Fiesta~ I doubt we'd end up spending much of the time mingling so fingers crossed I'd even get 2 hours of mingling okay. I sorta wish Xen would bring Olaf along but I doubt so. Bye Olaf~ 

Okay enough of random stuff. Ciao~ Be back after Comic Fiesta~

No comments:

Post a Comment