Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Anime Festival Asia 2014 !! #2

A continuation to the previous post~ Part 2 of this year's AFA trip~

[Sunday - 7/12/2014]

Woke up somewhere between 9am ~ 10am and went to the terrace area for another bread breakfast. The milo still sucks. I had a tiny bit of problem getting out of bed as usual as I slept late and well.. It's still the am and I'm used to waking up after noon so yeah.. I didn't wanna miss the breakfast that is included with my stay so I got up, went down to eat, and went back to roll around in bed. Ahh I forgot to mention a little something about my roommates this year. Out of the 6 people sharing the attic room, at least 3 were Koreans. They were nice and greeted me the night before when I just got into the room. There was another Chinese in the room and when I was rolling around in bed, she started packing her things in which I assume she's checking out today. I still feel bad for making so much noise pass 1am when I got back from supper. I Sorry peeps.

By 11am I figured I've wasted enough time so I got out of bed and went back to the terrace to have my early curry rice lunch, which I stored in the refrigerator from the previous night. Don't worry I didn't end up eating frozen/cold curry rice as they had a microwave right above the refrigerator for us to use~ The buttons on the microwave seemed different... Maybe they got a new one sometime this year. Got myself changed up and ready to go right after my lunch.

 

Ohh as I was about to leave the inn and head to Suntec City, something on the notice board along the hall caught my eye. It's a leaflet thingy promoting AFA! I took the courtesy of taking a photo of it before leaving~ It's nice to see something AFA related at an inn I've been staying at for 3 years. I did notice there were other people talking about AFA while having breakfast~


While at Chinatown's MRT station, I noticed a new MRT line. Downtown line which is highlighted in blue. It connects Chinatown and Bugis! No more changing lines while heading to Bugis from Chinatown~ I decided to give it a try as the train stops at Promenade too which is just one stop away from Esplanade (Suntec City). Annddddd I got lost. I got lost at one of the random sides of Suntec City after alighting at Promenade station. No more alighting there thank you very much. Gosh I was lost for about half an hour........ Bless the almighty fountain =____= Instead of going one floor down to the basement, I went all the way up to the third floor and walked all the way to a dead end..... 


You know what? I have no idea what I did for pretty much the rest of the day. Besides walking around aimlessly. I know I skipped food for the rest of the day... Oh wait I remembered something! There's this booth at the nico nico Kunikaigi area where you can get a ID card thingy. I went up to the staffs there and asked about the card and they said all you have to do is scan the QR code thingy, log in and voila! (Darren mentioned it's free when I saw him the day before but by the time I reached the booth, the cards were all gone.) I didn't manage to get the card in the end. Why? 1. Both my iPhone and the iPod I brought had a hard time connecting to Suntec's wifi. 2. Even after my iPhone managed to connect to a stranger's hotspot, the cards were all given out. Again. I shamelessly asked a random guy who just got his card if I could use his hotspot to get the card but after like 10 minutes? of doing this and that, and finally got connected to his phone's hotspot, the staff told me the cards were all given out. Sigh. Like the guy said "after going through all the trouble to get connected, the cards were out of stock?!" Bad luck for me yey~ Thank you tho random guy. 

I wanted to watch Keiko sing on the main stage as she got into the AAA finals but.. I didn't cause it's like an extra $10 to enter the main stage area. Ohhhh something sorta funny happened. Well to me it's sorta funny. I went to the washroom inside the exhibition hall and when I came out, I saw Cheryl/Ying Tze browsing stuffs at one of the doujin booths. As she was browsing, people interrupted her and started asking to take photos with her. It's like take one photo, turn to browse, within 3 seconds, another person interrupts. I wasn't trying to ask for a photo with her mind you. I was just trying to pass through the area. Felt bad for her as she was trying to browse doujin stuff but kept getting interrupted. I came back the same area about 2 hours later and there she was again and getting interrupted again lol.

Nearby the Culture Japan's booth was Cherry Credit's booth. At first glance I notice the Million Arthur area but I wasn't that interested in it. Next to it was the Coin Hunter area in which you can take on a challenge to win a kawaii iPhone/Android phone USB cable. If you lose the challenge (or rather did not get the required points of 500k) you still get a badge. There were 2 designs to choose from. The challenge for the USB cable starts every hour until all the USB cables for that hour is given out. I stood by the side watching people play while trying to understand the game. The emcee kept mentioning the person that broke the high score (which was like way over 1m points) was a girl. And how there were some people who tried hours after hours before finally winning the USB cable. There were 3 iPads at the side of the stage for us to try out the game. When I approached the iPad to try out the game, the staff (I think) tried to explain the game to me but I didn't listen and started playing blindly. Lucky for me it didn't take me too long before I got the hang of it. On my second round on the iPad I managed to hit the 500k points required. But of course we had to play the game on the stage to qualify for the USB cable. By the time I was ready, the round ended and I had to wait for the next hour before attempting to take on the challenge. When the next round started, there were people already there waiting to challenge the game on stage. I stood by and waited. When the emcee said there's only one iPhone USB cable left (for this round) I quickly raised my hand. I was super nervous as this is the first time I'm playing the game on an iPhone. Training rounds were on iPads and the level of the character for both devices were different. As usual the emcee would start by asking if we've ever played the game in which I replied "I just played it on the iPad a while ago".

As I was playing the game on stage, the emcee started talking a lot. I tried to reply but I don't think the words came out of my mouth. I just spam tapped the iPhone. I sorta heard the audiences by the side of the stage cheering (or something) as my game board (shown on a larger screen) looked spectacular to them (lolwhut). The emcee mentioned something like "are you doing some kind of magic here" cause my board was full of wonderful boosts. The game was only 60seconds long (more if you get time boosters while playing) but I somehow got stuck and froze for a few milliseconds. The game shown on the larger screen was delayed by a 1-2 seconds so the emcee said something like "she's thinking what to do next" probably cause I froze and slowed down the tapping. Yes I had super fast tapping skills back then. I did 0 drags cause the drags were weird to me. I heard someone yelling "wah she can just spam only for the rest of the game" when my board was filled with 500 coins so I went "ding!" and started spamming the 500 coins. In the end of course I got over 500k points but I could've gotten a higher score if I did not pause and freeze and break my combo record. I remember trying to tap 2 more 500 coins but the game ended and I went "omg I cannot spam anymore" to the emcee .___. I saw my score while passing the phone back to him while he asked if my score exceeded 500k and in shock and awe I said yes while sorta covering my mouth. Yey happy shocku! Ahh the audience cheered and clapped when they saw my score on the larger screen ♥ Took my victory photo and the USB cable before I left the area~ I'm glad I got it on the first round as I'm pretty sure I would fail if I tried again. I did come back to challenge the game again but instead of the USB cable, I was aiming for the badge. My score sucked badly this time. With only somewhere over 300k points. Meh. The emcee made it worst (my kokoro saddened) by saying "she won the USB cable earlier on, watch her play!" to the audience before I started my game. (I came back at the end of the day to take the other badge I wanted and this time around I didn't have to play the game on stage anymore. The emcee said "You don't need to play also I know you can get high score wan." I'm like thanks man thanks for stressing me out lol.)

Wandered around and noticed the Odex booth is closing at 4pm. Isn't that like super early?! Passed by NHK's booth while heading towards Starchild's booth and entered a MangaMe draw. The draw started at 4.30pm but I got super distracted at Starchild's booth with the appearance of Kaname as Mikoto, Reika as Munakata and Yuegene as Yukari and missed my name.... I didn't notice till like 4.36pm but it was all too late.. Well it wasn't actually.. My name did get called out at the beginning and we could like ask to check for our names in case we missed it (or something) but I didn't till like.. After they were done calling out people's name.... Sigh... Wasted T-T The nico nico Kunikaigi area closed quite early. Spotted Mayu while wandering around and met up with Aiko and her bf to chit chat for a short while before they headed for the concert hall. I wonder what I did for the remaining 2 hours I spent there while waiting for the last photo session at Starchild's booth besides walking back and forth near Seika Cafe eyeing on the curry rice. Oh right I went to watch the ARCC Singles at the mini stage. Well the final part of it. When the winner was announced, I saw Reika and another guest cosplayer shaking their heads. Probably disappointed with the results. Spotted Ashe with some boxes near the Canon photo booth area. ZH came after a while and pfff he really cosplayed as his Saburou from Nobunaga Concerto. I gave Xen an awkward hi cause I couldn't recognize him without his glasses...... It was awkward to stay there so I went on wandering the halls. *I didn't realize it was him until he got out of his costume back at the hotel*

When it was about time for the last photo session at Starchild's booth, I finally saw Keiko. Like lolwtf at the very end of the event. She was in queue to get her photo taken with the K cosplayers. She bought the K Character Songs and said to me something along the lines of "go buy something! must buy!" anddd I gave in and went to buy the same thing ///__\\\ I passed by Starchild's booth numerous times flipping their merchandises pondering whether to buy anything and gave in at the very end... I paid to enter the halls and bought nothing so why not. You don't get to see someone cosplaying as one of your favorite characters and is quite accurate at it that often~ At least I don't.. This could be the last time to see Starchild inviting someone as guest to cosplay as Mikoto since the character died in the anime. So yeah why not~ The emcee kept making us cheer as we waited for the cosplayers to appear.


Watching the girls (yep from what I remember everyone in the queue were girls) going up the stage one by one, hugging the cosplayers made me go awww~ Especially when someone cosplaying as Anna walked up the stage! Double awww~ I didn't trust the staff's ability in taking photos so I decided to go with the selfie/wefie mode this year. As I got on the stage, I started by hugging Kaname as Mikoto ♥, then Reika and Yuegene. I totally forgot I wanted to say "Mikoto wa daisuki!" to Kaname =///= ♥ Too much shocku desu. I requested for Kaname to put on his jacket and he thought I was asking for a hugging photo o///o ahh sorry really too much shocku till I can speak well. The photo was taken by Reika~ She was taking shots after shots after shots!! Thank you ♥ Even though in the end I only kept 2. The others were well... Me looking other ways.. Yep I didn't know where to look ///w/// Mikoto's jacket is ♥ I got more hugs as I was about to leave the stage. Reika said thank you in which I returned a arigatou~ owo Said otsukare to Kaname (I forgot what he said ///w///) and thank you to Yuegene as I hugged them~ My kokoro o///o ♥ It still feels so surreal while staring at the photo!


Continued to walk around the exhibition hall while eyeing on the curry rice again~ I saw Kaoru at the end of the event on both Saturday and Sunday but I didn't ask for a photo or autograph. Went back to where I spotted Ashe and they were still camping there. By 8pm ZH gave the signal that they're leaving. I'm like nooooooooo I wanna camp for my curry rice qwq which by then was sold at $6 or $4 ea.... Like sigh.. They were gonna head back to the hotel, get dressed down before dinner. I wanted to stay to camp for my curry rice but they were like "what if we cannot find you / reach you later" T___T okay lo you win liao lo... I didn't realize CJ was the one crossplaying... (them heels omg) I walked next to him the whole time thinking it was Ashe even though Ashe wasn't cosplaying........ Brain can you not...... And somehow thinking Ashe was Xen... And Xen was well... Another friend of theirs........ Dear brain can you seriously not..... While walking to their hotel (which at this point I have no idea which hotel their bunking at), I noticed Singapore's malls are pretty empty at 8.30pm on a Sunday. In Malaysia, 8.30pm is like the time we start leaving our houses to go out for dinner lol. Mentioned it to ZH and he said usually around this time Singaporeans are sitting at home, watching tv, waiting to sleep. Sounds boring to me.

Walked and walked and walked. Passed by Pan Pacific and thought they were staying there but nope. When I notice we were walking towards Ritz Carlton, I went "omgwtf Ritz Carlton wtfwtfwtf". Of course, only I hear it. (on Monday while on the way to the airport, a thought struck me that if only I had my OO-Kun with me, I could've done a mini OO-Kun shoot at the hotel) Damn the view from the 31st floor was awesome! I never even stepped foot into the Ritz Carlton in Malaysia so yeah I was amazed. Wei Lee works at the hotel as a cook if I remembered correctly. When I was amazed by the view by the elevator, someone mentioned the view by the bathroom is even better. The view was pretty cool! The bathroom itself is cool lol! Ah the view from the room itself is cool too owo I took some shots but am too lazy to upload them... They were taking forever to decide on what to eat for dinner.. Suggestions were like pizza, ramen, kfc, mcd... Most places were starting to close down for the night.

Ended up waiting for them to take turns to shower, get dressed down till like 9.30pm... My curry rice T___T another half an hour camping by the halls and I could've gotten it... sigh... When we were waiting for the elevator, I started taking photos of the view from atop and as the elevator arrived, I decided to stay back for a few minutes longer to get more shots. In which from what I remember, I deleted all of them....... Shakey hands meh. When I got into the elevator, I stared blankly at the buttons. "Why is "Lobby" next to the 3rd floor button?" Even with doubt, I pressed it. The first thing ZH said when he saw me walking out of the elevator was "Ohh lucky you know we're waiting on the third floor." I'm like "cause I saw the "lobby" next to the 3 ma so I press lo". It's weird so yeah. We ended up having KFC for dinner as Carls' Jr was closed. I was glad it was closed since the price was like omg same price just swap the currency which after converting is like ouch. (excuse the engrish) They (KFC) were only taking takeaway orders which we were fine with. While deciding on what to order, I notice the huge difference in Singapore's KFC's menu compared to Malaysia's. THEY STILL HAVE POPCORN CHICKEN!! Too bad the Cheese Fries were sold out for the night. And burgers... All that was left were chickens after ZH made his order so I ended up leeching ZH's buddy meal hoho. It was funny (to me even tho it's not actually funny) and warm when they noticed I didn't order anything and they were all like "omg you're not eating?!". My last meal before our supper-dinner was my curry rice so of course I had to eat. Thanks ZH for the dinner treat. Headed back to the hotel to nom on our dinner. Xen so classy sia. He ate his dinner by the awesome-view-window with a drink in a champagne/wine glass. We watched Pearl Harbor as we devour our dinner.


I somehow started losing my voice after dinner.... But I only shouted like thrice while at the Starchild booth.... So I got another bottle of water from their hotel. Yey! Tho the bottle wrapper by now is torn and I didn't even get a photo of it yet..... Meh. Even tho Xen had to drive me back to the hotel and ZH back to his place, he started drinking Shandy. Which I'm not sure if there's alcohol in it.... He fell asleep soon while we continued to watch Pearl Harbor. WE FINISHED PEARL HARBOR SIA. I never watched the movie before so yey~ ZH and I were like playing Get Rich while waiting for Xen to wake up. Xen only woke up when it was way over 1am and drove us back. Thanks again Xen for the ride~ Messed with Olaf during the short ride. I forgot to take a photo of it qwq mehhhh After I was done with shower, I went to the terrace to have a cup of teh tarik~ since the milo sucked lol. It was like... 4am... The yoloness...

 

And that ends Day 2 in Singapore. AFA ended and as usual I didn't want it to end. But wait! This is not the end of my 2014 Singapore trip! There's more to come on my next post on my Day 3 in Singapore! I got to visit places in Singapore that I have yet visited~ Well only 2 new places but still yeah~ To be continued tomorrow~ Ciao~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment